;

The Trinity Question

Started by Michael:D, April 01, 2016, 08:38:54 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Michael:D

April 01, 2016, 08:38:54 AM Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 02:10:34 PM by Michael:D
After coming across the Concordant Publishing Concern's selection of audio recordings I have had a chance to listen to several and find them to be enjoyable and edifying but after finding this particular recording that presents the pros and cons regarding the doctrine of a Triune God I could not resist the opportunity to share the link here in The Vestibule.

Listen (pt1): Reply to 'The Doctrine of the Triune God' (James Coram)

Listen (pt2): Reply to 'The Doctrine of the Triune God' (James Coram) _ Divine Judgement (Dean Hough)

I really think this presentation does a wonderful job of identifying the particulars (in scripture) that have led me to my beliefs - finding myself uttering amen at every turn. I encourage all members of Monday(now Tuesday) Evening Bible Study Group to give this a listen... This has not changed my mind on anything God has given me to believe but may cause others to question what has been offered as truth.

We have had discussions on this topic in the past but I think this one is important enough to never lose sight of and addresses issues that are at the very foundation of many of our beliefs.

April 05, 2016, 11:30:43 AM #1 Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 08:47:02 AM by Michael:D
Thanks Dave for pointing out the following audio recording that also addresses these important issues:

Listen: In What Sense is Christ 'God' (James Coram)

Reply to 'The Doctrine of the Triune God' (James Coram) is basically a reading of the article from Unsearchable Riches - Volume 22 titled "The Doctrine of the Triune God"
published by Concordant Publishing Concern - You may find it helpful to read along while listening to the recording. It may also be helpful to refer to the article after or instead of listening.

I have reprinted the article in pdf format and made it available for download from the library with the following link:

http://MtZionIndy.org/library/pdf/TheDoctrineOfTheTriuneGod.pdf

At about 52 minutes into the first recording, James Coram interjects a reading from an Unsearchable Riches, Volume 33 article titled "The Personality of the Holy Spirit"

I have reprinted the article in pdf format and made it available for download from the library with the following link:

http://MtZionIndy.org/library/pdf/ThePersonalityOfTheHolySpirit.pdf

Dave T

I shared this with Mike and Greg and thought it would be important to share it in the Vestibule. Our Tuesday night Bible study group talked about the concept of the Trinity again in our last meeting. In further study of the topic I found some interesting information.
Thank you to our Bible study group, the Encyclopedia Britannica, and in particular The Bible. Most of all thank you to the Lord for the ability to ask questions an study His Word.

Many Christian denominations teach that God is a Trinity. However, note what the Encyclop?dia Britannica states: Neither the word Trinity nor the explicit doctrine appears in the New Testament, nor did Jesus and his followers intend to contradict the Shema in the Hebrew Scriptures: ?Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord? (Deuteronomy 6:4).  The doctrine developed gradually over several centuries and through many controversies.?

The Council of Nicaea in 325 stated the crucial formula for that doctrine in its confession that the Son is ?of the same substance [homoousios] as the Father,? even though it said very little about the Holy Spirit. Over the next half century, Athanasius defended and refined the Nicene formula, and, by the end of the 4th century, under the leadership of Basil of Caesarea, Gregory of Nyssa, and Gregory of Nazianzus (the Cappadocian Fathers), the doctrine of the Trinity took substantially the form it has maintained ever since.

Is the God of the Bible described as being part of a Trinity. Note these Bible passages

18 And they know that Thou -- (Thy  name [is] Jehovah -- by Thyself,) [Art] the Most High over all the earth ??Psalm 83:18.  YLT

3 and this is the life age-during, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and him whom Thou didst send -- Jesus Christ;?John 17:3.  YLT

20 and the mediator is not of one, and God is one --?Galatians 3:20. YLT[/size][/size]

darolina:D

The only thing I can say to that?
AMEN!

Go Up