;

On The Hidden Aeonian Realm

Started by Michael:D, June 23, 2016, 02:29:42 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Michael:D

Today in my usual "what does the internet have to say about scripture?" bible study, I entered the following into the search field of Yahoo:

"how trustworthy is concordant literal translation"

I am really enjoying the fresh insight I get by referring to the Concordant Literal Translation and am gaining much understanding from this and many other works by A. E. Knoch and the Concordant Publishing Concern in general. However, whenever you are relying on other people to translate the Holy Bible you can never be too diligent in understanding the principles and motivations of those doing the translation. This is true no matter which translation you have elected to study (KJV is certainly no exception.) 

At any rate...

Thanks to this search I happened upon a seemingly fair and honest review of the CLNT (Concordant Literal New Tastement) by Robert Beecham on his website GrowthInGod.org.uk:

In the course of reading his compelling review I was presented with a link to another of his articles that dealt with an examination of translation difficulties inherent in the Hebrew word "olam" and the Greek "aion" and "aionios." In his article Mr. Beecham offers many of the usual justifications for the traditional translations and follows in the footsteps of A. E. Knoch in questioning the inconsistencies in those translations... I recommend this study as it offers a fresh perspective on the issues and offers up some very sound solutions to many common complaints:

Check out these links and share your thoughts in the comments below.  :)

Go Up