;

March 29, 2024, 02:16:08 AM

News:

Care to play a game or two? Stop by the Arcade for some Flash Game action!

Jesus is the way

Started by Dave T, December 03, 2017, 01:27:36 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Dave T

Jesus said to them, ?I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.
John 6: 35 ESV

Dave T

I was reading in the daily devotional, Our Daily Bread, and the verse of the day was Galatians 2:20. I read it from the Bible so I could get a greater context and found the surrounding verses very interesting. It is not the Law. It is not the good works. It the Grace of God by which we are saved. Thank you Biblegateway.com for providing the following passages.

Galations 2: 19 - 21 (NASB)

19 For through [r]the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and [t]the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. 21 I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly.?

Dave T

We had a discussion in Sunday School class this morning about law verses grace. The study began with a look at Galatians 3:10 - 14.
Gal 3:10  For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11  But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Gal 3:12  And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
Gal 3:13  Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
Gal 3:14  That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
KJV through E Sword website

Salvation through grace not the law was the topic of discussion. We wrapped up the class with Galatians 2: 21
Gal 2:21  I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
KJV through E Sword website

There is nothing we can do to obtain salvation other than believe in Jesus' death burial and resurrection as our savior. The law and good works do not give us salvation.

Michael:D

Jesus said,
Mat_5:20  For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

No One Is Righteous
Rom 3:9  What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; 
Rom 3:10  As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 
Rom 3:11  There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. 
Rom 3:12  They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. 
Rom 3:13  Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: 
Rom 3:14  Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: 
Rom 3:15  Their feet are swift to shed blood: 
Rom 3:16  Destruction and misery are in their ways: 
Rom 3:17  And the way of peace have they not known: 
Rom 3:18  There is no fear of God before their eyes. 
Rom 3:19  Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 
Rom 3:20  Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 
The Righteousness of God Through Faith
Rom 3:21  But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 
Rom 3:22  Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 
Rom 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 
Rom 3:24  Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 
Rom 3:25  Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 
Rom 3:26  To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 
Rom 3:27  Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 
Rom 3:28  Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. 
Rom 3:29  Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 
Rom 3:30  Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. 
Rom 3:31  Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. 

Like you said Dave: "There is nothing we can do to obtain salvation other than believe in Jesus' death burial and resurrection as our savior. The law and good works do not give us salvation."

Go Up