;

On the topic of LOVE

Started by Michael:D, July 24, 2018, 11:14:59 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Michael:D

The following was posted to a blogger friend of mine as a comment on an article she wrote entitled "Love." https://christineity.wordpress.com/2018/06/06/love/
I thank God for any opportunity to share what the Love of God means to me...

I think it is probably safe to say the only way to ever write about love is in the realm of metaphorical. We know it exists because of the effect it has on us; both in its glorious presence and its deep dark apparent absence. I have found it extremely hard to have the discussion without feeling the need to venture into the theistic...

Knowing what we already know about Love, it is quite the claim for God to declare that He IS Love (according to certain documents held sacred by many.) There is much to suggest that the two are inseparable concepts: chiefly in that, words cannot adequately describe...

Lately I have been struck with the notion that all that ever was, is or will be, within our universe of existence cannot even begin to approach the truly infinite extent to which that which contains our reality - bound by time - has to offer. To limit love to the Earthly plane would be to deny its greatness. True love knows instinctively that it is not hyperbole to talk about "forever."

We often lose sight of the truth that Love is not something you do it is the place where you exist. Fish have the sea, birds have the air, beasts have the fields but humanity has love... when you walk in love you will find others who do likewise. It is not necessary to look for love, you must however, BE in love to find what many will term their soulmate.

I had hoped to comment in a way that did not appear to patronize but Love is a very serious matter and very often treated with disregard for its true power to change lives and bring comfort. The fact that you recognize that love is also responsible for woe bodes well for you, by my estimation; too many individuals give up on love in the throes of discomfort - to give up on love is to give up on forever, and that is something far too important to ever lose sight of.

Go Up