;

St. Paul, the Man and His Work

Started by Michael:D, August 17, 2022, 10:46:20 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Michael:D

St. Paul, the Man and His Work is a work written by Heinrich Weinel in 1906. It is touted to have been "selected by scholars as being culturally important, and is part of the knowledge base of civilization as we know it."

Weinel's introduction explains that the only books of the Bible that can reliably be attributed to Paul himself  include only the following 8 books:

•    Romans
  •    1 Corinthians
  •    2 Corinthians
  •    Philemon
  •    Galatians
  •    Philippians
  •    1 Thessalonians
  •    Colossians

It is chiefly through these writings that the author has ventured to tell the story of the venerable Saint Paul. In his words:
QuoteI trust that no essential feature will be found to be missing in the picture which I have attempted to draw of St Paul, although I have strictly  confined myself to those letters the authenticity of which is acknowledged by the great majority of critics, including myself.

Heinrich Weinel presents a careful examination of the facts as he sees them and sheds some interesting (and somewhat controversial) light on how the work of Paul has influenced modern Christianity. Although written in the beginning of the 20th century, many of these observations will be sure to edify even today's readers.

Available here in PDF format for your enjoyment. (other formats available at Archive.org)

Go Up