previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Michael:D

1 Corinthians 13:1-13 [ESV]
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 [CLV]
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 [KJV]
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 [BBE]
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 [Vulgate]

• If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

• If I should be speaking in the languages of men and of the messengers, yet should have no love, I have become resounding copper or a clanging cymbal.

• Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

• If I make use of the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am like sounding brass, or a loud-tongued bell.

• si linguis hominum loquar et angelorum caritatem autem non habeam factus sum velut aes sonans aut cymbalum tinniens

• And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

• And if I should have prophecy and should be perceiving all secrets and all knowledge, and if I should have all faith, so as to transport mountains, yet have no love, I am nothing.

• And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

• And if I have a prophet's power, and have knowledge of all secret things; and if I have all faith, by which mountains may be moved from their place, but have not love, I am nothing.

• et si habuero prophetiam et noverim mysteria omnia et omnem scientiam et habuero omnem fidem ita ut montes transferam caritatem autem non habuero nihil sum

• If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

• And if ever I should be morselling out all my possessions, and if I should be giving up my body, that I should be boasting, yet may have no love, in nothing do I benefit.

• And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

• And if I give all my goods to the poor, and if I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it is of no profit to me.

• et si distribuero in cibos pauperum omnes facultates meas et si tradidero corpus meum ut ardeam caritatem autem non habuero nihil mihi prodest

• Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude.

• Love is patient, is kind. Love is not jealous. Love is not bragging, is not puffed up, is not indecent,

• Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly,

• Love is never tired of waiting; love is kind; love has no envy; love has no high opinion of itself, love has no pride; Love's ways are ever fair,

• caritas patiens est benigna est caritas non aemulatur non agit perperam non inflatur non est ambitiosa

• It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.

• is not self-seeking, is not incensed, is not taking account of evil, is not rejoicing in injustice, yet is rejoicing together with the truth,

• seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

• it takes no thought for itself; it is not quickly made angry, it takes no account of evil; It takes no pleasure in wrongdoing, but has joy in what is true;

• non quaerit quae sua sunt non inritatur non cogitat malum non gaudet super iniquitatem congaudet autem veritati

• Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

• is forgoing all, is believing all, is expecting all, is enduring all.

• Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

• Love has the power of undergoing all things, having faith in all things, hoping all things.

• omnia suffert omnia credit omnia sperat omnia sustinet

• Love never ends.

• Love is never lapsing:

• Charity never faileth:

• love has no end.

• caritas numquam excidit

• As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

• yet, whether prophecies, they will be discarded, or languages, they will cease, or knowledge, it will be discarded.

• but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

• Though the prophet's word may come to an end, tongues come to nothing, and knowledge have no more value,

• sive prophetiae evacuabuntur sive linguae cessabunt sive scientia destruetur

• For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.

• For out of an instalment are we knowing, and out of an instalment are we prophesying. Now whenever maturity may be coming, that which is out of an instalment shall be discarded.

• For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

• For our knowledge is only in part, and the prophet's word gives only a part of what is true: But when that which is complete is come, then that which is in part will be no longer necessary.

• ex parte enim cognoscimus et ex parte prophetamus cum autem venerit quod perfectum est evacuabitur quod ex parte est

• When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

• When I was a minor, I spoke as a minor, I was disposed as a minor, I took account of things as a minor. Yet when I have become a man, I have discarded that which is a minor's.

• When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

• When I was a child, I made use of a child's language, I had a child's feelings and a child's thoughts: now that I am a man, I have put away the things of a child.

• cum essem parvulus loquebar ut parvulus sapiebam ut parvulus cogitabam ut parvulus quando factus sum vir evacuavi quae erant parvuli

• For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

• For at present we are observing by means of a mirror, in an enigma, yet then, face to face. At present I know out of an instalment, yet then I shall recognize according as I am recognized also.

• For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

• For now we see things in a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now my knowledge is in part; then it will be complete, even as God's knowledge of me.

• videmus nunc per speculum in enigmate tunc autem facie ad faciem nunc cognosco ex parte tunc autem cognoscam sicut et cognitus sum

• So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

• Yet now are remaining faith, expectation, love - these three. Yet the greatest of these is love.

• And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

• But now we still have faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

• nunc autem manet fides spes caritas tria haec maior autem his est caritas

Dave T

Go Up