;

Open our eyes

Started by Dave T, April 07, 2016, 08:27:15 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Dave T

Mat 7:21 Not everyone saying to Me 'Lord! Lord!' will be entering into the kingdom of the heavens, but he who is doing the will of My Father Who is in the heavens."
Mat 7:22 Many will be declaring to Me in that day, 'Lord! Lord! Was it not in Your name that we prophesy, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name do many powerful deeds?'"
Mat 7:23 And then shall I be avowing to them that 'I never knew you! Depart from Me, workers of lawlessness!'"  ([Concordant Literal[)

Powerful deeds and boasting will not open the gates of heaven for us.  HOWEVER......

Rom 10:8 But what is it saying? Near you is the declaration, in your mouth and in your heart - that is, the declaration of faith which we are heralding"
Rom 10:9 that, if ever you should be avowing with your mouth the declaration that Jesus is Lord, and should be believing in your heart that God rouses Him from among the dead, you shall be saved."  (Concordant Literal)

Sounds pretty simple. Believe that Jesus is our Savior and in His death, burial, and resurrection.

Go Up