;

Lost Books of the Bible

Started by Michael:D, April 17, 2016, 02:44:55 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Michael:D

I saw what seemed to be a very interesting book making the rounds at Sunday School this morning and decided to see if I could find it at the Internet Archives. I did not find a PDF but I did find it in HTML (webpage) format and installed it in the library so we can investigate its pages. Who knows?.. this may be fodder for some future discussions. From what I've seen, if ever there was a source for some "non-mainstream" doctrine this would be a prime candidate. :o

Synopsis (reprinted from Amazon.com)
Suppressed by the early church fathers who compiled the Bible, these apocryphal books have been shrouded in silence for centuries. Here are the Apostles' Creed, the girlhood and betrothal of Mary, the childhood of Jesus-told in all their warmth, intimacy and humanity. Translated from the Original Tongues, with 32 illustrations from Ancient Paintings and Missals.

Product Identifiers ISBN-10   0517277956 ISBN-13   9780517277959

You can check it out here:
http://MtZionIndy.org/library/lost/
Links to audio versions of these writings are available with each book
but be aware these are computer generated readings (not human voices.)

Dave T

I found the section on "The Apostle's Creed" quite interesting. Makes you wonder.

Even though these are not part of the Canon of our Bible I find them to be of great interest. Whether these are right or wrong, Divinely inspired or not, they certainly represent some of the earliest writings circulating among the believers at the time our Bible was being assembled. I think they can be read in much the same way as today's commentaries and/or apologetics: without fear of eternal damnation for considering their content...

I think the Book's title is the worst offense in the bunch "Lost Books of the Bible" seems to suggest they were once part of the Bible when in fact they were not (afaik.)

Also - I'm not sure how "Lost" they are, seeing how they are here in the vestibule ;)

Go Up