;

Marcion? hmm...

Started by Michael:D, August 24, 2016, 11:52:01 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Michael:D

August 24, 2016, 11:52:01 AM Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 12:31:15 PM by Michael:D
A collection of internet resources on Marcion and the early church. Very controversial stuff, but an interesting look into the guy who reportedly put together the first cannon of Christian scripture.

The (unofficial/internet) Marcion Collection 794 Pages | 30.1 MB

On Bereans:

Acts 17:11
New King James Version (NKJV)

11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so.

DISCLAIMER: This material neither reflects the published Statements Of Faith held by the General Baptist denomination nor those of the Mt. Zion General Baptist Church assembly in particular. This information is presented for educational purposes only and is intended for the private/fair use of members and friends of MtZionIndy. The views expressed in the accompanying documents are certainly not even my own. The important thing: Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Michael:D

I have included in this packet [pg.670] a reprinting of a rather excellent article by John Pavlovitz from his blog, JohnPavlovitz.com.

I know the title of the article may bring gasps of horror to many but I find this article to be a carefully considered answer to a question many (if they were honest with themselves) have wondered about.

The reason for posting this material is to spark a discussion - please feel free to leave comments below or plan to attend our Tuesday Evening Bible Study here at Mt. Zion General Baptist Church - you are more than welcome!

Go Up