;

The Unseen Realm

Started by Michael:D, August 27, 2016, 04:28:48 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Michael:D

August 27, 2016, 04:28:48 PM Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 03:01:05 PM by Michael:D
The Unseen Realm: Recovering the Supernatural worldview of the Bible - by Michael S. Heiser

From TheUnseenRealm.com:

The Unseen Realm, by Dr. Michael Heiser, argues we must approach the strange and supernatural of the Bible with the worldview of an ancient Hebrew. "People shouldn't be protected from the Bible," Dr. Heiser says. But modern theological systems often do just that, by "explaining away" difficult or troublesome passages of Scripture.

Who is the Divine Council? (Psalm 82:1)
Why wasn't Eve surprised when the serpent spoke to her? (Genesis 3)
What are we to make of Peter and Jude?s belief in imprisoned spirits? (2 Peter 2:4 ; Jude 6 )

Discover what it means to read the Bible within the context of an ancient Hebrew - just as the biblical authors intended!

Companion Website to the Book: http://www.moreunseenrealm.com/
Get the book from Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/

I have decided to read Greg's copy of the book (which he has graciously loaned me) aloud while recording the exercise. I know there are those in our Tuesday Evening Bible Study that would like to get into this work and hopefully the sound of my (certainly untrained) voice will not detract from the painstaking research Micheal S. Heiser presents to us in his book "The Unseen Realm: Recovering the Supernatural Worldview of the Bible"

Part 1: First Things
Part 2: The Households of God
Part 3: Divine Transgressions
Part 4: Yahweh and His Portion
Part 5: Conquest and Failure
Part 6: Thus Says The Lord
Part 7: The Kingdom Already
Part 8: The Kingdom Not Yet
Completed 2/4/2017 - Apologies to Michael S. Heiser - by Michael S. DeBurger

GregD

That... was... awesome. I think you may have stumbled upon a long hidden talent.

Thanks a lot for doing this Mike. I should have given you the book 2 months ago. I for one don't like to read. It makes me sleepy and my mind wanders too much. I often find myself re-reading entire paragraphs because I realize I have no idea what I just read.  :-[  I look forward to listening to the book.

I have read about half of the book so far and it is indeed a fascinating read. I don't want to give away too much of the plot now, but suffice to say you won't be bored.

Thanks again Mike from all of us that labor to read and pay attention to what's on the page.

GregD

I just finished listening to the masterfully done reading of the book. It was very cool listening to the book while driving, which is when I listened to most of it. Mike:D does a great job and the book is very interesting.

Thanks again Mike:D for a job well done. It was taking me aidios (the actual Greek word for forever or everlasting  ;)) to read.

Go Up